Real-time traffic measurement and data collection over a wide area
Metro provides real-time traffic measurement and data collection over a wide area. An enterprise-level system capable of monitoring traffic in hundreds of locations. Traffic is measured by multiple data collection stations in a specific area. Data is then typically sent by TCP/IP communications and cost-effectively transmitted to a Traffic Operations Center (TOC) for storage in a realtime database.
Metro supports multiple devices providing an all in one solutions for traffic management. These sensors feed real-time data into the system and provide transportation professionals with more precise and accurate information. Metro’s reporting feature generates useful analytics, graphs and tables to give traffic management professionals a clear precise picture of their transportation infrastructure.
The affordable Metro system is not only unparalleled for reliability and accuracy in all weather conditions and for large scale projects, it is also quick to install with no lane closures and no ongoing maintenance required. Suitable for both highway and urban traffic management applications.
- Data collection/storage for accurate measurements of volume, occupancy, classification and speed on 8 separate lanes per station
- A scalable and movable system that expands by adding sensors
- Real-time SQL database stores data and network sensor configuration from hundreds of stations
- TCP/IP communications means a simplified, affordable network
- Simple software for SQL database interface, configuration and diagnosis as well as speed map and travel time information.
- Supports multiple sensor types
- Report generation includes data rich analytics