Non-intrusive, radar-based RTMS Sx-300 is an advanced sensor for the detection and measurement of traffic on roadways
The non-intrusive, radar-based RTMS Sx-300 is an advanced sensor for the detection and measurement of traffic on roadways. It is all-weather accurate and virtually maintenance-free. Best of all, Sx-300 is renowned for long-term worry-free reliability.
The RTMS Sx-300 is a small roadside pole-mounted radar, operating in the microwave band. Simultaneously, the sensor provides per-lane presence as well as volume, occupancy, speed and classification information in up to 12 user-defined detection zones. Output information is provided to existing controllers via contact closure and to other computing systems by serial or TCP/IP communication port. A single radar can replace multiple inductive loop detectors.
The Sx-300’s all-in-one concept combines a high resolution radar and a variety of communications options including wireless solutions all in a single enclosure. This sleek cabinet free detection station is simple to integrate into any system whether urban signal control or highway traffic management.
- Provides presence indication and accurate measurements of volume, occupancy, speed and classification in up to 12 separate zones (lanes) up to 76 meters (250 feet) away
- Fully programmable to support multiple applications using simple intuitive software on a Notebook PC
- True-presence: detects stationary and fast moving vehicles; single or dual loop emulation
- Reliable all-weather performance
- Low life-cycle cost with no routine maintenance procedures and high reliability. Typical MTBF – 10 years or 90,000 hours
- Easy to calibrate by fast, automatic set-up wizard
- Operates on 12 - 24 VAC or VDC @ 3.6W max standard
- K band, model Sx-300 operates at high resolution in the 24 GHz band
- Temperature range: -40° to +74°C (-40° to 165°F)
- Vibration: 0.5 g up to 300 Hz
- Shock: 10 g 11 msec half sine wave
- Wind: Up to 190 km/hr (120 mph)
- IP 67 compliant
Dimensions and Weight
Size: 23 x 18 x 17 cm (9 x 7.25 x 6.75 in)
Weight: 1.02 kg (2.24 lbs) without mount
Canadian CSA C108.8 - M1983