The primary responsibility of the Algorithm Intern is to provide support to the Algorithm Engineers for the ongoing testing, ground-truth assignment and performance characterization of machine vision, radar and hybrid detection algorithms at Image Sensing Systems.The primary responsibility of the Algorithm Intern is to provide support to the Algorithm Engineers for the ongoing testing, ground-truth assignment and performance characterization of machine vision, radar and hybrid detection algorithms at Image Sensing Systems.
Essential Position Functions:
- Perform ground-truth activities for algorithm testing and characterization
- Assist with data collection and recording activities
- Attend algorithm group meetings and discussion as necessary
- Help improve and streamline testing methods through scripting/ programming activities
- Provide feedback to help improve testing methods
Education and Experience/Skills Requirements:
- Working towards a bachelor’s degree with a science or engineering focus
- Strong problem solving ability
- Programming/scripting experience using Matlab or Python
- Familiarity with MS Word, MS Excel and other components of MS Office.
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Good time management and project management skills
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Some experience with writing formal procedures for testing or characterization tasks
- Experience with unit, system level or regression testing in an industrial environment
- Understanding of the fundamentals of networking and data communications
- Coursework or experience with computer scripting and programming
Should be able to work comfortably in a typical office environment. Some minor lifting may be required.
Essential position functions and education and experience are representative of the minimum levels of education, experience and skills required to perform the vital duties of this position. The position description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. Image Sensing Systems, Inc. reserves the right to revise or change essential position functions and/or required duties and responsibilities as the need arises.